Your cheat sheet to shopping & supporting local
Nobody should leave Denton without an “Oh No You Denton!” shirt, but there’s a lot more to our local shopping than the souvenir tees. Leave some room in your suitcase and keep this guide to local shopping close.
Plan a visit to these locally owned and independent businesses and experience places as unique and diverse as Denton itself!
Noble Wolf Vodka at 940s Kitchen and Cocktails. Photo by Conrad Allen.
- Drink local! Noble Wolf is a local distillery that makes vodka produced from grapefruits. While a tasting room is still in the works, many of Denton’s local bars (like 940's Kitchen and Cocktails) serve up cocktails featuring these locally produced spirits.
- Shop trendy clothing at Rose & Thorn, a locally owned boutique with carefully curated women’s, men’s, and unisex clothing and accessories.
- Test your skills at Horse’s Axe, a recreational venue where you can throw axes and shoot pool with your family and friends.
- Bring something back for man's best friend! Shop Susie's Snack Shop for locally-made dog treats, foods, apparel, and gifts.
- Spoil the littles! Half Pint Children's Boutique is the perfect stop for unique and fun clothing items from NB-Size 6, toys, and accessories for the children in your life.
Denton County Brewing Company. Credit Conrad Allen.
- Pull up a seat at Denton Country Brewing Company, a locally owned, independent craft brewery serving beer brewed in Denton, Texas, alongside guest taps, wines, ciders, and sake.
- Express your unique style by shopping at Sleeping Lizzards. Opened in 1992, it has become a local landmark with unique gifts, artisan jewelry, and handmade treasures.
- Enjoy the ride with something from Sprockets Bicycle Shop. Founded by University of North Texas graduates, the store aims to provide an affordable and reliable source for all of Denton's cycling needs.
- Have a green thumb? Visit True Leaf Studio, where you can buy plants, build a terrarium, or use the space for a unique event.
- Shop some of the finest artisan goods at Wilkinson’s Fine Goods, including leather goods and accessories, denim, apparel, home goods, and jewelry.
Norman Roscoe. Credit Conrad Allen.
- Get a little retro! Known for its screen-printed apparel, Norman Roscoe, is a local retailer that also carries stickers, hats, keychains, vintage goods, and candles.
- Up your charcuterie skills at neighborhood cheese shop Ten: One Artisanal Cheese. They source cheese from all over the globe and offer other accoutrements that pair with their offerings.
- Drink like a local! Local brewery Armadillo Ale Works offers beer, coffee, and merchandise that is uniquely Denton.
- Feeling far out? Visit Juliet's Jewels for handmade goods from India, Nepal, and other countries around the world. They stock crystals, tapestries, and custom jewelry.
- Refresh your wardrobe at J.T. Clothiers. Founded in 1969, it has been a Denton staple for ladies’ and men's fine clothing.
The Dime Store. Credit Conrad Allen.
- Love handmade? Browse the selection of high-quality handmade goods and products at The DIME Store, including candles, clothing, and home goods.
- Update your look at The Palm Tree Boutique! It's a great local option for fashionable ladies wear, accessories, unique gifts, and a wide selection of jewelry including Kendra Scott,
- Stop and shop Faded Blue for vintage furniture, books, and decor as well as over 3,000 vintage vinyl LPs.
- Drink and chat will locals! With 25 taps and a selection of over 1,000 craft beers, Bearded Monk is a bottle shop and growler bar that will be sure to appeal to any brew enthusiast.
- Bring back something special! In addition to fresh-cut flowers and arrangements, Flowergarden118 offers gourmet food and fruit baskets, unique gifts, accessories, home decor, and special lines like Birkenstock.
- Whether you're looking to buy artwork created by local artists or take an art class, A Creative Art Studio offers both in their gallery space.
Want to add your Denton shop to this list? Email us.