Day Trips & Nearby
There is so much to do in Denton, Texas but maybe you want to see beyond our city limits. Situated only minutes from the heart of downtown Dallas or Fort Worth, you can easily enjoy these two major cities with a quick car trip. Denton is also conveniently located less than an hour away from WinStar World Resort, Oklahoma's biggest casino, located just north of the OK/TX border along I-35.
For the latest updates about the status of each location, Covid-19 protocols, important information, and updates, please call your destinations or check the location's website.
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens · A 66-acre botanical garden located at 8525 Garland Road in East Dallas, Dallas, Texas, on the southeastern shore of White Rock Lake.
- Reunion Tower · Purchase a ticket to GeO-Deck Observation deck on the Reunion Tower and get 360-degree views of Dallas. 470 feet off the ground, indoor and outdoor observation areas, and high-definition telescopes, makes this a perfect stop for first time visitors.
- South Fork Ranch · History at Southfork began in 1978 as the showplace as the site for the CBS TV series Dallas.
- AT&T Stadium · AT&T Stadium, formerly Cowboys Stadium, is the home of the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza · This museum is one of the most visited historic sites in Texas. It is the former School Book Depository building that overlooks Dealey Plaza. This museum chronicles the legacy of President John F. Kenedy and houses artifacts like the FBI model used by the Warren Commission, the teletype machine that transmitted the news of the president's death, historic documents, and more.
- Texas Motor Speedway · Located in Denton County in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Fort Worth Zoo · Home to nearly 7,000 animals ranging from more than 500 species, including some rare and endangered species.
- Stockyards National Historic District · A historic district that was once home to cowboys, cattlemen, and outlaws. Experience the twice-daily cattle drive.
- Sundance Square · Pedestrian-friendly downtown district packed with shopping, dining, and bars. It's also known as an entertainment hub, with small theaters, events, and concerts.
- Kimbell Art Museum · The Kimbell is one of the world's finest art museums. Located in the heart of Fort Worth. Experience a diverse collection of cultures, periods, and geographies in one place.
- Make a stop in Gainesville, Texas · The county seat of Cooke County, Texas it is home to Frank Buck Zoo.
- Visit historic Sanger, Texas · Located in north-central Denton County, it is home of Ray Roberts Lake State Park.
- WinStar World Resort · Over 4,300 slot machines, private poker lounges, and table games.
- Gene Autry Oklahoma Museum · Museum dedicated to the legacy of those famous singing cowboys from the 1930s and ‘40s like Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Rex Allen, and Eddie Dean.
- Chickasaw Cultural Center · State-of-the-art facility featuring exhibits and artifacts for visitors to learn about Native American culture and history.