Submit Your Event
Requirements for event approval:
- Before entering your event, please search the calendar to make sure it isn't already listed.
- The event must be open to the public. Events for “members only” cannot be posted in the calendar; the general public must be able to attend, though admission can be charged at events posted.
- Event must be taking place within the City of Denton or surrounding area (Denton County), and should be of interest to the traveling public.
- Event image is required for approval. An image with horizontal orientation at the largest available size/resolution displays best on the calendar. Photographs are preferred but event flyers can be substituted. Flyers are subject to being cropped and might not display as intended.
Events subject to being declined:
- Priority will be given to events with high visitor appeal and those that best present a compelling reason to travel and stay overnight in Denton. Events should appeal to visitors traveling to the Denton area.
- Non-visitor events including auctions, clinics, seminars, religious ceremonies or functions, politically affiliated campaigns or events, and classes of limited appeal to travelers will not be included.
- Fundraisers and Community Events will not be considered for inclusion unless they have the potential to draw tourists to Denton, Texas. This is at the discretion of Discover Denton.
- Any commercial or sales function which simply promotes the business or its products will not be included. Events whose primary purpose is to sell the products or services of a particular business cannot be posted in the calendar; examples include product demonstrations, seminars, and camps.
Discover Denton reserves the right to decline to list any event and edit submissions for grammar, spelling, clarity, accuracy, or to meet style guidelines.
Please note: Your event will not automatically be added to the calendar once you click "Submit Event" at the bottom of the form. It must go through an approval process. Please allow up to five days for approval. If your event is approved, it will be listed on our Events page. However, if we need more information we will contact the 'Contact Person' listed in the form. Declined events will not be notified.