University of North Texas
The University of North Texas (UNT) was established in 1890 and is now one of the nation’s largest public universities with an enrollment of 37,000 students. UNT fuels progress, innovation, and entrepreneurship for the North Texas region.
UNT is a leading research university that is nationally and internationally recognized for its innovative research, art, and scholarship in a number of fields — from fine arts to technology, humanities to life sciences, and music to entrepreneurship. At the University of North Texas, they pride themselves on being a little bit different. They celebrate individuality and bring out the artist, musician, engineer, teacher, and scientist in everyone. UNT is where you can be your ambitious, original, serious, playful, and practical self. With over 100 bachelor’s degree programs, students can major in anything from Accounting to Home Furnishings Merchandising.
- UNT offers more than 1,000 music concerts, art exhibitions, and dance and theatre productions annually.
- They offer 105 bachelor’s, 88 master’s, and 37 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized.
- UNT has 400 student organizations, including 42 fraternities and sororities and 145 academic and honor societies.
- They have 4,600 dedicated faculty and staff members focused on helping students succeed.
- Ranked a Tier One research university by the Carnegie Classification, UNT is a catalyst for creativity, fueling progress, innovation, and entrepreneurship for the North Texas region, the state, and beyond.
- 88 academic programs ranked among the nation's Top 100.
- Ranked 20 in U.S. News & World Report's Top 100.
- Has an economic impact generated of $1.65B in Dallas-Fort Worth annually.
Information from University of North Texas' website.