So, you're engaged and planning your wedding? Well, there's no better place to do that than North Texas, in our opinion. There are so many options right here in Denton County to make your big day beautiful, seamless, and memorable. Here are some tips to help you Say "I Do" in Denton...
BOOK A WEDDING PLANNER
Wedding planners ensure that you will actually enjoy your wedding day. They help you create and stay in budget. They are literal wedding experts who will help you hire the right team. They oversee all the details throughout the planning process. The day of, they are there to deal with logistics and coordinate with vendors so you can truly sit back, sip champagne and take it all in.
ATTEND A BRIDAL SHOW
Plan the bulk of your wedding in one day at a bridal show. Meet vendors in-person. Get on-trend advice. Save money. The Bridal Show is like "Wedding Black Friday". Vendors offer deals exclusively at the Bridal Show. Throw in free food and cake samples, door prizes and swag bags and you've got yourself an event not to be missed.
The Denton Bridal Show is Saturday, January 15, 2022 at The Monroe Pearson venue. The magic happens from 9 am to 2 pm. Tickets are $10 per person and include one raffle ticket. If you pre-register online, you get two raffle tickets!
Grand Raffle Prizes are
- Wedding Photography Package from Michelle Ray Photography ($2750 value).
- Wedding Floral Package from Cole Event Florals ($1000 or more value).
You may just go home with a dress from the Pop-up Dress Sale in the Bride's Room by Mary Me Bridal. Did I mention there is free valet?
So, plan smarter, not harder, and have a ball doing it at a bridal show!
FIND YOUR VENUE AND SET YOUR DATE
You can't set a date until you secure a venue, so have fun finding your perfect spot. Here's some that we can recommend:
- Oak & Ivy gives couples the choice of marrying under a canopy of mature oak trees or exchanging vows inside a magnificent French Country inspired barn.
- Sunago Bell is an industrial yet romantic space filled with handblown hanging lights and an almost 360° panoramic view of Downtown Denton Square.
- Apricus Venue is a new upscale venue in Corinth, Texas with water views and a Tuscan feel.
- Whispering Oaks is a chic rustic barn located on 30 acres surrounded by trees and gorgeous country.
- Hawthorn Hills Ranch is a stunning hillside venue with a helpful and efficient team.
BOOK YOUR OTHER VENDORS
Photographer, Videography, Florals, Cakes, Photobooth, DJ/Band, Caterer/Bar Service, and Event Rentals. I know it can feel overwhelming, but this is why steps 1 & 2 are so important! Based on your budget, figure out what you want and can afford and start checking these off your list. Here are some of our faves:
- Photobooth: Picture This or Ritzy Glitzy Photobooths
- Photography: Fox + Vine, Jordan Blalock, April Pinto, or Monica Salazar
- Videography: Four Point Wedding Films, Michael David Films
- Cakes: Tartan Treats, Candy Haven
- Florals: Andy's Floral Events or Vine & Branches
- DJ/Band: Your DJ, Complete Weddings & Events, Full Circle Melody
- Caterer/Bar Service: Chuy's, DFW Bartending, Tim Love Catering, Haley's Happy Hour, Extreme Cusine Catering
- Event Rentals: 5 Star Rental & Gracious Love Rentals
- Restaurants for Rehearsal Dinner: Hannah's Off the Square and Queenie's
ORDER YOUR INVITES
You can save a lot of money by ordering an invite design on Etsy and then having a local print shop just print your cards and envelopes.
Send out your invitations 6 to 8 weeks prior to your wedding date.
We recommend a wedding website for a lot of reasons, but a big one is to handle your RSVPs.
If you can't make the Denton Bridal Show on the 15th, don't worry...the Creators of the Denton Bridal Show just launched their Online Bridal Show: Brideologist. It's free to register as a couple! Browse vendors' introductory videos, as well as get access to a dashboard full of wedding planning tools: Budget Planner, Checklist, Timeline, Guest List tool, and a customizable Wedding Website. Plus, we have an app, so you can plan and keep track of everything on the go.
Organization is one of our love languages. To help keep you organized, click on this Checklist to keep you on track. Happy Planning!