DENTON CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER / INAPPROPRIATE USE
The Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau (Denton CVB) welcomes and encourages open dialogue on Denton CVB Social Media Site(s) and looks forward to comments and suggestions. Before you post, please make sure you read and understand our Social Media Disclaimer.
The opinions and/or views expressed on Denton CVB Social Media Site(s), including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Snapchat and YouTube pages, represents the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of the Denton CVB.
The Denton CVB will make reasonable efforts to monitor, measure, moderate and engage visitors and citizens on the Denton CVB’s Social Media Site(s). We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries as quickly as possible. Response times may differ depending on the volume of posts that we receive.
The Denton CVB and its employees will take all possible steps to ensure that all the information posted is complete and accurate. If a posting is discovered to be inaccurate we will do our best to correct it immediately. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the contents of Social Media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on Denton CVB Social Media Site(s) will not be moderated before they appear. However, the Denton CVB reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems as inappropriate use.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments and privileges edited or removed:
- Be polite: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, vulgar, profane, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate and/or objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- Personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments and opinions are part of conversation, but posts with aggressive personal attacks, defamatory in nature and/or threatening will be removed immediately.
- Personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, posts that violate privacy and/or include personal information including your own will be removed.
- On-topic comments: All discussion participants are reminded to stay on topic. Off topic comments and postings will be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Political comments: Blatantly partisan comments, such as those explicitly in support of/or detracting from a candidate or potential candidate will be removed.
- Comment spam: Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed.
- Blocking: Individuals who repeatedly disregard these discussion guidelines may be banned from participating on Denton CVB Social Media Sites.
Inappropriate Use – means one or more of the following:
- Transmitting any materials in violation of local, state or national laws;
- Using vulgar, profane or inappropriate language;
- Transmitting or posting threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting copyrighted material;
- Lobbying for political purposes;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting pornographic material;
- Suggesting or supporting illegal activity;
- Posting material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Advertising or soliciting on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations;
- Posting material that is not topically related to the Content; and
- Repetitive or multiple postings by a single user.
By submitting content to any of the Denton CVB Social Media Site(s), you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and may be considered a public record.
For questions regarding the Denton CVB Social Media Disclaimer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.