110 W Hickory St
The Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum is turning 40! Come celebrate this milestone and party like it’s 1979!
Schedule of Events:
- 11:00 AM | Opening Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting in Courtroom
- 11:30 – 12:30 | Mike Luzecky Trio in Commissioners Courtroom
- 11:30 – 3:00 | Museum Gallery Open
- 11:30 – 3:00 | Children’s Crafts and Activities
- 11:30 – 3:00 | Tours of the Clocktower (Timed Ticket required)
- 12:00 – 3:00 | Macrame Workshop in the 1896 Room presented by Christina Hammond of Rosebud & Bear
- 1:00 – 2:00 | Mike Luzecky Trio in Commissioners Courtroom
- 3:00 | Museum and Building Close to Public
This is a FREE event
On Saturday March 30 from 11 AM to 3 PM, the Museum will host its 40th anniversary celebration and unveil a new exhibit, 40 for 40: Forty Artifacts for Forty Years.
In 1979, the Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum opened on the second floor in the former 16th District Courtroom. Over the years, the museum has acquired an impressive collection of Denton County history. From apple corers to zithers, the museum’s artifacts offer vignettes into the stories of our community. We are celebrating this milestone by showcasing a selection of 40 items from our collection.ical export outlook export