Come one, come all to Twilight Tunes! What's Twilight Tunes, you ask? It is a weekly music series, presented by Denton Main Street Association, featuring an eclectic assortment of music, showcasing bands from the Denton area. And the best part about it? It's FREE. So grab your blanket or lawn chair, your loved ones (including those of a four-legged variety) and get to the Square every Thursday! Music starts at 6:30 p.m. and generally runs until 8.
Because we are all about that independent spirit that Denton fosters in all of us, here are a few how-tos on having an outstanding Twilight Tunes experience.
- Check the Denton Main Street Association's Facebook and Twitter pages on the day-of. Mother Nature in Texas is unpredictable, especially in the spring and early summer. If the show has been moved to an alternate location (such as Dan's Silver Leaf, LSA Burger or Eastside), you'll want to know!
- Make sure you're hunger is sated and your thirst is quenched. Grab a snack from Atomic Candy, a coffee from Jupiter House or West Oak Coffee Bar, or an ice cream cone from Beth Marie's. You can even bring your growler and get it filled at Chestnut Tree or the Bearded Monk.
- Prep yourself on that night's artist by listening to their tunes with DentonRadio.com's app. You can go right to an artist and not only listen to their songs, but see the next time they'll grace Denton with their music and see similar artists on the local scene.
- Scout out a great parking space. An updated map of parking is available here.
- There's always a huge amount of entertainment going on besides the music. North Texas athletics can be seen out with cheerleaders and inflatables to keep the young ones entertained.
Don't miss these great acts this year at Twilight Tunes!
May 5 - Los Patos Poderosos May 12 - Gravity Feed May 19 - Cliff Temple May 26 - Buffalo Ruckus June 2 - Texas Blues Crew June 9 - The Lowdown June 16 - Melissa Ratley June 23 - Vince Lujan Project June 30 - Bonnie & Nick Norris Band July 4 - No Twilight Tunes
We'll see you and your squad on the Square every Thursday, right?