hink about 85 years. That’s longer than most of our life spans – even mine!
- The Great Depression was heavily in the making – the Great Stock Market crash and the horribly infamous Black Tuesday would happen in just over a year.
- Herbert Hoover was elected president of the U.S.
- The first air-conditioned office building in the United States opened in San Antonio, Texas
- Scotch Tape was first introduced to consumers
- “Three Musketeers” premiered on Broadway
- The beloved “Amos and Andy” show debuted on national radio
- A German Shepherd named “Buddy” becomes the very first seeing-eye dog for the blind
- General Electric opens the first TV station
- Mickey Mouse makes his first screen debut
- Velveeta Cheese was invented
- Alfred Hitchcock’s very first film “Case Of Jonathan Drew” was released
- The 1st color TV broadcast occurs – in London.
- The world’s largest hailstone falls on Nebraska – 17 feet in diameter
- The 1st all-talking movie premiers in New York City
- The 1st clip-on tie was introduced in fashion
- The North Texas State Fair opens its gates in Denton, Texas for the very first time
The North Texas State Fair is celebrating 85 years this year! That’s amazing! The fair runs from Friday, August 16 through Saturday, August 25. That’s nine days and nights packed with concerts, PRCA rodeo, professional bullriding, carnival, delicious fare food, kids’ attractions, midway, giant exhibition hall, photography contest winners show, and much more.
The North Texas State Fair is a perfect excuse to strap on your best pair of cowboy boots, your biggest, shiniest belt buckle, and get out to the fairgrounds for some good old-fashioned North Texas fun. Crave-worthy fried foods, live music, rides, and a rodeo? Sounds like a good night in the making if you ask us.
Want to know more? Find out everything down to gate times, special events, and ticket prices by simply visitingwww.ntfair.com.